- This is part of Kenlie’s “Friend Makin’ Monday” over at All The Weigh – I’m a day late, but it was such a fun post I couldn’t resist!
Crappy iPhone Image - My cluttered fridge.
- List a few common items that can always be found in your fridge. Diet pepsi (currently trying to kick this habit… it’s my “dark passenger”), shredded mexican cheese, cucumbers, pickles, Kalamata olives (LOVE these in salads or pasta…) soy sauce, butter, “Better than Boullion” and “I can’t believe it’s not Butter”. (Did you know a few days ago I asked Matt to hand me the “I can not believe it’s not butter?” Missed that first apostrophe…. he had a good time making fun of me.)
- What kind of milk do you drink? 2% – I am not much of a milk drinker at all, but Matt can go through a gallon a week, so Costco is helpful for purchasing moo-juice as it’s priced pretty reasonably…
- Do you prefer fresh or frozen vegetables? Definitely fresh vegetables. I’m actually kind of a veggie snob (I blame it on living in California) and only use frozen veggies in soups or stews. Frozen peas, however, work in anything. PS I am so excited because tomorrow my first CSA box comes!!!!! Don’t know what that is? I’ll write about it on Thursday.
- What do you currently have to drink in the fridge? Water, milk,diet pepsi, diet cranberry juice, fresca, and LOTS of beer. Sadly, none of that yummy delicious beer is mine, it’s all hubby’s. (I don’t really drink beer – I’m more of a wino)
- How often do you clean out your refrigerator? Throwing out old stuff happens less often than it should. Actually cleaning out the fridge happens WAY less often than it should. Kind of embarrassing to admit but uh…. the top shelf is kind of sticky from an unfortunate soy sauce explosion…. I cleaned up a lot of it but there’s still stuff that’s spattered with soy sauce. I really SHOULD clean it out but… you know. (Another embarrassing story: My cousin is extremely type-A, and on her vacation when she was staying at my house, I came home from work to find her frantically scrubbing the inside of my refrigerator. It was one of those times when you’re simultaneously mortified and jazzed… mortified because I’m that slovenly that my cousin decides to clean my fridge ON HER VACATION, jazzed cuz I didn’t have to do it! (Let’s face it, it would probably be just as nasty today if she hadn’t done it!)
My freezer is a little more boastful... smart ones, wheat bread, rolls, french fries. CARBSSSS!!
- What’s the healthiest thing in it right now? Probably the big container of salad made from organic romaine, olives, tomatoes and cukes, and then the bag of cherries.
- What’s the most unhealthy thing in it right now? Cheese curds from Wisconsin (a gift from my aunt), beer, butter.
- What do you wish you had in it that you don’t have now?I have been DYING for rocky road ice cream. Craving it for several days. It’s probably time to give in because my nutritionist said if you are craving something for more than three days, you need to just do it. Maybe tomorrow.
- How often do you shop for groceries? I will usually do a “big” trip every two weeks to stock up, but getting veggies and random things happens about once a week. We have a wonderful chain of stores called the “99c only” store and they are amazing – I get lots of organic produce there for dirt cheap, and it’s right around the corner. I’m hoping our CSA box will help me cut down on the little random trips.
- What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now? A Kinder Sorpresa egg from Mexico! I bought this for Matt at the airport in Cabo San Lucas back in May – guess he hasn’t wanted to eat it yet! These german chocolate eggs have little toys inside. (PS see that brown schmutz on it? Yeah, see aforementioned soy sauce incident.)
Surprise! Milk Chocolate Egg