Hello there! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was awesome but went way too fast (don’t they always?). There are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you, so without further ado, here are some of my favorite things on the interwebz right now.
1) This photo by Paul Nicklen, who often photographs for National Geographic. Manatees are one of my favorite animals, and I’m lucky to have had several up close encounters with them having grown up in Florida. A few years ago we took Matt on vacation to Florida, and they were nudging our canoe with their noses. I had to resist the urge to jump in and snuggle with these giant, floating marshmallows.
2) YouDolls. This product was created by two people I worked with a few years back who were toy industry rock stars. I love their idea of a build your own doll — perfect for the little girl who wants a doll that looks just like her. My friends are more than halfway to their Kickstarter goal, and I just made my pledge so I can have a custom dolly, too. Their YouDolls Luxury Pledge, which comes out to $55 out the door, includes all of this:
– 1 YouDolls customized by you.
– 1 outfit of your choice.
– 4 accessories of your choice.
– 1 Background of your choice (among 13)
– Personalized name on the front of the box.
– Luxury Gift sleeve.
– Kickstarter First Edition Collector Certificate
3) PixelThoughts.co. My friend Melissa tweeted me this link, and it’s a really cool 60-second meditational tool. I have a bad habit of letting my anxiety spiral out of control (Who? Me? Never!), so this is a neat way to identify one worry, and watch it actually disappear. Give it a try on something that’s been bothering you. It’s worth 60 seconds, right?
4) This post by my friend AJ, which had me cackling with laughter, only because it sounds like something I’d do. (Side note: You DO know the best thing to use for removing nail polish is a tampon, right? Soak the cotton part in remover and you have an awesome scrubby that won’t fall apart.) Brilliant use of resources, AJ, and I hope you got more soup.
5) This meme, because the bump has arrived.
And there you have it. Have a wonderful Monday, friends!