Hi Double Chinners! I can’t think of one “subject” for this post so I thought I’d just write a bunch of small things.
1) Can you recommend a decent fat free or light salad dressing? I tried Kraft’s fat free Caesar dressing with asiago cheese and it tastes like maple syrup and pepper – yuck! It’s way too sweet and just tastes nasty. I love Hidden Valley Light Ranch, but at 80 calories per serving I know I can find something better.
Sparkly Glittery Luxe-Effects Essie Nails
2) I’m waiting for my finger nails to dry. Tonight I did a pale pink base coat with chunky pink glitter. Painting my nails is another fun and random thing I like to do when I have free time, or when I’m avoiding working on my thesis (like baking cupcakes)!
3) Tomorrow night is going to be a tough willpower night for me. My grad cohort is having a party at Los Toros, my favorite Mexican restaurant ever – and their tortilla chips and bean dip are out of this world. My registered dietician and I decided I should try to avoid them, as we know that tortilla chips are a big trigger for me. It’s going to be hard, but I’m going to try my very best. I’ll report back on ChipGate 2012!
I'm kind of obsessed with food erasers.
4) I bought more food erasers tonight at Target. A tiny rubber watermelon? Be still, my heart. (Psst – will be giving away a set of these with some of my other favorite things in my upcoming 150 Fan Celebration! But first, I have to get 150 Facebook Fans. Please “like” the Double Chin Diary if you like my random ramblings!)
5) Do you feel like you have 10,000,000 reusable bags, too? I appreciate the efforts to help reduce the environmental impact of plastic bags on the Earth, but good heavens! I’ve got reusable bags coming out the wazoo. The tragedy is, I never remember to take them out of my car to actually use! Now, it seems like they’re the latest freebie at stores like Old Navy… So I keep on collecting them. Hmm. Maybe I’ll have to package aforementioned giveaway in a reusable bag!
That’s all I got. What random ramblings do you have for me?
Last night, I celebrated the “last hurrah”. The last hurrah for what, you ask? For my impending membership in…. Weight Watchers! After Alycia’s inspiring guest post and the fact that my work finally got the monthly-pass option, and that they’ve reworked the points plus system, I wanted to give it another try. Not to mention my flex spend account will cover Weight Watchers for 2012 – so I really had no reason not to give it a go. (And if I run into similar issues like I did last time with the meeting/leader, I can now attend meetings other than at work.) Our first meeting is on Thursday.
Sangria Sampler, yum!
Anyways, we had a groupon for Muvico – an awesome movie theatre in Thousand Oaks that has age 21+ movies where you can bring wine and beer into the theatre, and feast on free popcorn! We met up with our friends Shelley and Daniel for a double date! Before the movie, we had a light dinner at the Lazy Dog Coffee. I started my evening with a delicious Sangria sampler consisting of Red Pomegranate, White Peach and Black Currant Rose. The white peach was definitely my favorite – and Shelley’s too! I also had some super tasty lettuce wraps.
After dinner, we headed in to the movie theatre to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. This movie theatre had very plush, reclining seats that also gently rocked back and forth. With my hot, salty popcorn (Fresh from the popper!) I was a happy girl.
The movie was really good – very suspenseful and with a strong (albeit a little nutty) female lead. I was enjoying a healthy buzz from my sangria sampler, which regretfully lead to the inhalation of one bag of sourpatch watermelon slices and about a bag and a half of popcorn. I pigged out, and am not proud of it as the bloat from crazy salt manifested itself as an 8 pound gain on the scale this morning 😐
However, I know it’s 8 pounds full of salt and water and little pieces of candy floating around, so I’m not that worried. I’m back on track after my last hurrah, and even spent 35 minutes sweating my butt off on an incline 6 on the treadmill at the gym today. I’m ready to get started… and have even started tracking again! Here’s to hoping this time around I can make Weight Watchers work for me, by consistently tracking, being honest and keeping up the exercise. In this case, my last hurrah was exactly what I needed to get mentally prepared for some of the changes I need to make in the coming months.
When you’re getting ready for a diet or “lifestyle change” (I hate both of those terms), do you ever give yourself a “last hurrah”?