Hello, hello! Since I’ve been Christmas shopping, Christmas Party-ing, and wrapping up all kinds of side projects, the poor little Double Chin Diary has had a bit of an unintentional Christmas break. However, life happens and that’s totally cool. It’s all about #wycwyc. If you see me using #WYCWYC on instagram posts, here’s what it means:verb
- to do what you can when you can.
- to acknowledge that by doing the best you can when you can, it is enough.
In the spirit of #wycwyc (founded by two amazing FitBloggin ladies, Roni and Carla), my post for today is short n’ sweet, bullet list style. That’s all I got!
1) I’ve been soooo busy getting ready for Christmas, BUT, I refuse to drive like a nut! Have you guys noticed that in the holiday weeks, people are so grouchy, and in particular, driving like crazy people?! Be careful out there. Saving a minute on the road is not worth losing your life or endangering others. Ok, my preachy PSA is over.
2) I’m looking forward to going back to a lower-carb routine in a few days. I’ve been indulging here and there on sugary things, and while the temporary “yum!” satisfaction is nice, I feel all tired and sluggish after. It will be good to get back to eatin’ lean and mean. Check out this amazing spread that my friend Shelley made this year. HOLY YUM, right? I can’t blame her for any of my calorie overloading (I wish!) but this picture was too epic to not share. (Also – shameless plug – she makes ADORABLE cat-nip toys for kitties. Her shop is on a brief vacation, but we’re gonna do a giveaway in the new year!)
3) You should watch this video “10 Honest Thoughts on Being Loved by a Skinny Boy“. Some powerful words, indeed.
4) I’ve now added Fish Oil in to my daily supplements, and I can happily report back that I have had NO FISH BURPS! Remember my strange fear of this awhile back? The trick seems to be spending a little more on a high quality omega-3 supp. I’m using Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Formula, 180-Count. (If you click this link and buy it, I might make like .2c. Full disclosure!)
5) For a Christmas gift for myself, I’m going to get myself the FitBit Force. I almost got a Flex, but the Force has a display on the front that will let me see steps walked, calories burned, and my sleep directly on the bracelet, without having to check my phone. Because as much as I love my phone, sometimes I want to “accidentally” forget it somewhere remote for a couple of days. Once I receive it, you’ll get the full scoop. I’m hoping this will motivate me to keep it up, activity wise, on the day to day. (Pssst. New year’s resolution? GET UP FROM MY DESK DURING WORK and WALK! Sitting is the new smoking!)
Are you guys getting yourself a Christmas gift? What is it?!