Hi everybody! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let’s see how I did on 2011’s resolutions. The red text are my comments now. Check back tomorrow night to read about 2012’s goals and resolutions!
- Lose weight. 30 pounds would be great, but in general, to be a healthier, happier me with less “fluffiness”. I definitely did lose weight – about 15 pounds, give or take a few depending on the day. Not quite 30, but this is a solid yup, it happened, kind of. Yay!
- Get in shape. This is another one that’s sort of “half way” true. I don’t really feel in shape now, so I’m going to say I need to keep this up. My fitness level has definitely improved, but I could still be a lot less lazy.
- Blog regularly. I owned this one! Save for a few weeks when it was finals time, I think I rocked at keeping DCD pretty updated.
- Pay off my credit card debt. I definitely kicked debt’s ass! I’m not debt free, but well on my way.
- Continue working hard in grad school. My cumulative GPA is 3.8 🙂
- Learn to make TOM KHA GAI. (Chicken Coconut Soup). Haha. Nope. And it’s funny because this is on my resolution list next year.
- Worry less.Well… this didn’t really happen. I did pretty good, until work got really, really stressful and school got really, really demanding. Still working on improving this year.
- Cut my hair. I did! Definitely did! I’m growing it out now but my short curls were perfect for the summer!
- See my family more. I did! I think we averaged at least six trips up there this year. Here’s a shot of the I-5 looking kind of pretty as proof.
- Teach Leo not to sit on the counters or tabletops. Yeah. Didn’t happen. AT ALL. Ironic that I wrote that because I was just lecturing him (As if he understood, or cared) about how he shouldn’t carry bad habits over to the new year. Oh, Leo…
- Keep my car clean(ish). I’ve done very well at this! “Blueberry” remains clean and smelling of lavender. She’s become the go-to car for group lunches at work!
All in all, I’m happy with 2011. It wasn’t a bad year, and it wasn’t the best year, but it was a good year. There was some astronomical stress, but there were also some incredible times with family and friends. 2012 is going to be great – I can feel it!