Helloooooo Double Chinners! It’s currently 12:27 AM and I just finished a crap-ton of freelance writing projects (Every day I’m hustlin’), but I’m not gonna leave you hanging without a post — I felt bad that I missed one for today. Err, yesterday? Kind of awkward writing to you in the future tense but really being in the present. Anyways… Here are a couple Double Chin Diary related news-items coming up in the next few weeks!
1) Diet to Go is having a huge sweepstakes! 1 Grand Prize winner will score a month of free meals, and FIVE runners-up will receive a week of free meals! This is huge – each week is at least an $85 value. Like their page to enter now… I’m feeling lucky. You also get 10 bonus entries if you share on Facebook! I’ve been on Diet to Go for two weeks now and am down about six pounds and am immensely enjoying the large amount of cheese that comes on many of their meals. Me + Cheese = BFF’s.
2) I had the honor of working out with the weight saint himself, sir Richard Simmons! Isn’t he fabulous? I’ll tell you what else is fabulous – my new Spandits headband. Watch for a full review and giveaway coming this week!
3) I’ll be starting my low-glycemic and insulin resistant diet next week. I’ve ordered several books and am trying to keep the obsessive Googling to a minimum, or I’ll freak myself into believing I have every disease known to man. My attitude about my diagnosis changes on the daily – one day I’ll be thrilled to have an answer, and the next I feel like having a pity party because boo-hoo, something’s wrong with me, and it’s going to be 10,000 times harder to lose weight because of my spotty little ovary. (Sorry, TMI, but that’s how I roll.) My logical side knows that despite this little hiccup, I am fortunate to have a generally benign condition — and I am so grateful to still be able-bodied, and for the most part, healthy. Now I just need to get really dedicated about my new way of eating, and continue to be a fitness freak.
4) My favorite snack of the moment is the Chobani Coco Loco Almond Flip. Do yourself a favor and try it… it’s seriously like ice cream with 12 grams of protein and 3 different probiotics. Nom, nom, nom. I’m enjoying treats like these as I know my new diet is going to be fairly low-sugar and I’ll have to stay away from carbs. That’s sad because I <3 carbs – but certainly I’ll need occasional treats, and instead of splurging on something like a Brownie, I’m going to get one of these. I’ll have more info on these soon as I’m going to be doing a list of my favorite new finds, and you can bet these are on it.
5) FITBLOGGIN is a mere 2 weeks away! I’m so excited to be with all my bloggy besties and learn lots of new things to share with you. Check out my new pens and let me know if you want one. I’d love to think of you writing your to-do lists and signing blank checks for me with my pen. Oh, so you WERE paying attention. What’s that? You wouldn’t sign a blank check for me?!
Ok, that’s all I got! I’ll be back tomorrow with my weekly weigh in. I hope you have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!