So it’s 12:18 a.m., and I really should be asleep, but I’m not! I’m here! And I just turned 29, 18 minutes ago. Good stuff. This birthday feels rather anticlimactic, kind of like the calm before the 30 storm. Here’s a few updates for this week before I sign off for some mid-week travel. Happy 13th!
1) One goal for this year is to kick cancer’s ass. Someone very close to me is fighting a good fight right now, and I need your support to help me walk 60 miles this November and help prevent another loved one from ever hearing the words “You have cancer.” I’ve raised $822 out of $2,300, and I’m hoping today on my birthday, you can give somebody a very special gift of MORE birthdays! Can you help? One $35 donation helps a cancer patient get to their treatment sessions, and a $120 gift provides a life-saving mammogram. Please consider making a donation now… because everyone deserves a lifetime.
2) See those pants I’m wearing? Well, they’ve been in my dresser drawer for about six months. They were only $20 at Costco and I loved the color. But because for some reason Costco doesn’t have dressing rooms (And why not? Why shouldn’t I be able to try on jeans while I purchase a vat of mayonnaise and a flat of Strawberries that will get moldy before I check out?), I bought them, and they didn’t fit. They were like… unwearable. Unbuttonable. So every couple of months, I took an unattractive progress picture of myself in them. Today? They were loose. Awesome birthday gift.
3) My friends at Diet to Go have invited me a few times to stand on my soapbox on their official blog! Check out 15 of my favorite health and fitness personalities on Twitter, and five ways to jazz up a salad. Y’all know I love me some greens! I’ll be writing for them more often, and I’d love it if you’d check their blog from time to time and see what I’m up to.
4) Speaking of soapboxes and writing, sometimes I feel like tumbleweeds are blowing by on the old Double Chin Diary. I love my blog, but lately I’ve noticed I’m busy living (As Academy Award winner Matthew McConaughey would say.) I used to really stress about making sure I always had four posts a week and five tweets and 7 Facebook posts and four links and blah blah blah. Now, I write when I have something to say. It’s not as frequent and I miss it, but I’m also feeling more laidback than I have in years. I love my new job, I’m slowly but surely conquering this whole weight loss thing, and I’ve even been mulling over a new blog idea. I just know you guys would find my new indoor house plants blog fascinating! Ok, totally kidding, even though that does sound awesome to me. (I’ve been busy in my garden – free kale for anyone who wants it! I’m sick of it!) So, long story short, don’t panic if you don’t see me or April around here for awhile, we’ll always write, it will just be more when inspiration strikes and less of “Google says I need to blog EVERY DAY!”
5) I’m jazzed to be working with the masterminds of Taffy Activewear and Katie K. Active on a new venture, Define Brave. There are a lot of brave women around us, breaking down barriers every day. I’m honored and thrilled to be a Define Brave Ambassador. I’ll be sharing their stylish new workout clothes with you soon, but in the meantime, go follow them on Instagram at @katiekactive.
That’s all I got! Happy Birthday to me, and happy birthday to this little blog that could, which is now over 4.5 years old! Thanks for sticking with me all this time. <3